cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Contact Us page

SOLVED

Edit Contact Us page

Hello, very new to Magento and I'm attempting to edit the Contact Us page.

We need to edit the destination email address for the contact field. Also, we are needing to make our contact email visible.

Thanks in advance for any help, and apologies if this is the wrong thread.

-Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Edit Contact Us page

@jefe77

No problem, Actually, contact form is template file so it was not into CMS pages. And path which I mention is directory path not a web. Open you directory root by FTP, Cpanle file manager and then follow path which you seen by enabling template hint. Go on same path which you've seen into contact us page.

Good luck Smiley Happy

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@jefe77

You can change desination means admin email address from backend. System >> Configuration >> Contacts.

In order to show your email address into contact us page go into its view file (app/design/frontend/<your theme>/default/template/contacts/form.phtml) and add below line to get email address which stored on above mention path.

<?php echo Mage::getStoreConfig('contacts/email/recipient_email'); ?>

P.S - To see file path enable debug mode from backend. (System >> Configuration >> Developer >> Debug), choose your current configuration scope from top left cornor and set Template path hing as Yes.

Good luck, cheers Smiley Happy

-

Thank you, Grav M!

I was able to change the destination email addy, andfound where to enable the path debug mode.

I just cannot seem to find where to access the contact us view page, to show the email addy as you instructed. I checked all the pages under the CMS, and all the tabs under the System tab, tried pasting the text (app/design/frontend/<your theme>/default/template/contacts/form.phtml) in the URL field but cannot find it. Hate to sound like such a New-B, but do you know where I would find it? Greatly appreciate your help!

Kindest regards,

-Jeff

@jefe77

No problem, Actually, contact form is template file so it was not into CMS pages. And path which I mention is directory path not a web. Open you directory root by FTP, Cpanle file manager and then follow path which you seen by enabling template hint. Go on same path which you've seen into contact us page.

Good luck Smiley Happy

-

Hi

Im new to Magento and we are running it for our store.

We really need to make the PHONE field on the Contact Us form REQUIRED. 

I cant find anywhere in the admin dashboard to do this... or when I google it... Im sure I must be missing something straightforward.

Do you know how to do this?

See:

https://www.sydneyluggage.com.au/contact

Many thanks Justine