cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issuing a credit memo against a zero value invoice

SOLVED

Issuing a credit memo against a zero value invoice

We sometimes create a zero value sales transaction (for instance as a goodwill gesture).  If this transaction then needs to be returned, how can we process a zero value credit memo?  Thank you.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Issuing a credit memo against a zero value invoice

If your integrations won't support it then you're only way is to customise Magento to allow it to create a credit memo for invoices of zero value. I doubt that there's a go to solution for this so it's going to be a cause of an investigation required from a Magento developer. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

What happens you try to issue a credit memo? Do you get a specific error?

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Dear Tom

Apologies - I did not see your reply.  

When the invoice is zero value, you simply don't see the option in Magento to create a credit memo.

Thank you!

Do you have the office for just cancelling the order instead?

----

Dear Tom

That would mess up our integrations so we need to have some way of reversing the sale rather than cancelling it please.  Thank you.  

If your integrations won't support it then you're only way is to customise Magento to allow it to create a credit memo for invoices of zero value. I doubt that there's a go to solution for this so it's going to be a cause of an investigation required from a Magento developer. 

----