cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Attribute does not show up on online store

New Attribute does not show up on online store

Hi Experts , 

We run an online store powered by Magento, we have a requirement to add a new storage location on the online store , for this I had created a new attribute and had added it to a corresponding group. But inspite of this the newly created attribute does not showup on the online store. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Ganesh

13 REPLIES 13

Re: New Attribute does not show up on online store

What is the magento version ?

Any attribute you are adding, must be assigned to some attribute set. Then will it will be appeared in the product entry form if you choose the right attribute while adding products.

Thanks Magento ver. 1.7.0.2

ive tried adding the new attribute to an attribute set , but inspite of doing so , it just  doesnt show up on the online store.

Regards,

Ganesh

I have added the new attribute  to the attribute sets , but it still doesnt show up on the online store.

Regards,

Ganesh

Are we talking about backend or front-end here? Once you add attribute to an attribute set and save the set it should be available for all the product that use that particular set. For front-end you probably just need to reindex your store.

Tanel Raja

Hi Pronto,

Thanks for the reply, I have added the new attribute on the magento admin panel and had added the attribute to an attribute set. Also , I had reindexed the store but the added attribute doesnt seem to appear in the front end at all.

Regards,

Ganesh

But it appears for backend?

Tanel Raja

hi Pronto , 

Yes , the added new attribute shows up in the backend at all the right places .eg products , attribute sets but doesnt show up in the front end.

Regards

Ganesh