cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with customer export formatting in .csv

SOLVED

Problem with customer export formatting in .csv

I used the customer export in magento, but the problem is there seems to be a line break in the address so when I open in excel, each record is split over 2 lines  eg

eamil@email,uk,admin,Admin,Name,1,forname,,0,,2,,town,"company name",IE,,forname,surname,,N/A,,"country","Address 1
address 2, address 3.",,phone number,,1,1

eamil@email,uk,admin,Admin,Name,1,forname,,0,,2,,town,"company name",IE,,forname,surname,,N/A,,"country","Address 1

Is the an easy way to remove the line break in the address so each record is on one line?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problem with customer export formatting in .csv

I exported directly from the database as a csv and had the same problem.  Ultimately I exported as a html file and then copied and paid in to excel.  Really slowed down the pc but it worked.

https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/240123/exporting-customer-addresses-messes-up-csv/240252...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello 

We are experiencing the same issue

Have you managed to find the root cause/ solution?

@PaddyDisplays wrote:

I used the customer export in magento, but the problem is there seems to be a line break in the address so when I open in excel, each record is split over 2 lines  eg

Is the an easy way to remove the line break in the address so each record is on one line?

Thanks

I exported directly from the database as a csv and had the same problem.  Ultimately I exported as a html file and then copied and paid in to excel.  Really slowed down the pc but it worked.

https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/240123/exporting-customer-addresses-messes-up-csv/240252...