cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix "Invalid attribute type" alert?

How to fix "Invalid attribute type" alert?

"Invalid Attribute Type" is occuring at checkout upon clicking "place order".

So far I've been able to narrow down the "Attribute" that is in question via log files, however, I cannot seem to track down where this attribute resides in the database nor can i seem to track down the code in the database or in the filesystem that's trying to collect this attributes value.

I do think that it was an attribute that may have been incorectly removed from the system leaving behind something, either some code or data in the db, that is still trying to use that attributes value.

Since i've been unable to find this attribute in the database .......

How can i find out IF there is a system file trying to collect this attribute value and then how can i find out WHAT file it is?

customers cant checkout at this point due to this alert message popping up...........heeeeeeeeeelp Smiley Wink

~B.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to fix "Invalid attribute type" alert?

buler buler buler anyone...................

enable exception log, you shoud see whats the parameter called in joinAttribute method next to the Invalid attribute type message

i know what the parameter is and i know what code is causing the system to throw the error regarding the parameter.

I dont know what php file is actually trying utilizing the invalid parameter nor can i find the invalid parameter in the database.

I'd like to know how to find out if it is a php file causing the error OR if the database is causing the error and with either of those ...what php file is it ...and or where in the database is the attribute being called for or utilized.

how do i find out what the issue is?

p.s. thank you for  acknowleding my question i really do appreciate all the help i can get right now.

So what is the attribue code passed to that method when exception throws out?

Here is the part of the error log that lets me know what the name of the attribute that is being looked for. I guess i'd like to know what file is asking magento to look for the attribute """returns''''''''   and where is is located.

ERR (3): Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in My-Site-files/lib/Varien/Data/Form/Element/Abstract.php on line 151
DEBUG (7): Attribute: returns

~B.

So you have a custom attribute 'returns' linked to order entity, look for the attribute_code = 'returns' in eav_attribute table, indenitfy the backend model, and debug this model.

Is this a dropdown type attribute, the model might be returning the options in wrong format (value, label indexed array vs value=>label pair).

You can try remove it from eav_form_element table if its there or remove this attribute all together, but take it at your own risk.