cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have this extension Sidebar Navigation Menu Professional, how to remove it from Mobile site?

I have this extension Sidebar Navigation Menu Professional, how to remove it from Mobile site?

Best,

I have this extension: Sidebar Navigation Menu Professional, how to remove it from the Mobile site?

I can not find any mobile folder to put the XML in to disable the module for mobile.

Our theme is From some one who calls it a custom job which they don't do, so they won't provide the information needed.

I hope some one can help me

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: I have this extension Sidebar Navigation Menu Professional, how to remove it from Mobile site?

All depends on how your web/mobile switching is set up. 

If you are using a separate design for your mobile version, you just need to copy the layout of the module app/design/frontend/base/default/layout/codnitive/sidenav.xml into your mobile theme (just change base/default with your theme name). Next, clean up the layout file (leave it empty, without any directives inside of the <layout> tag). 

Thus, the module will stop interfering with the layout, and is likely to work as expected (this modules doesn't have any rewrites and observers, that could possible influence the layout).

If your mobile version works some other way, please let us know and we'll try to help.

Re: I have this extension Sidebar Navigation Menu Professional, how to remove it from Mobile site?

I depends what you mean with mobile site. If you're talking about responsive view, all you need to do is to use media queries (css3 technique) and make the block you don't want to see anymore to go "display: none" whenever screen gets too small. Sure, it still builds the invisible menu, but unless you want to load menu using ajax or something it's the way how people do it.

Tanel Raja