cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One page checkout process does not work anymore (step 4: payment)

SOLVED

One page checkout process does not work anymore (step 4: payment)

Hi Guys,

I just update Magento to 1.9.2.1 from 1.7 and now when I click on "Continue" Just after choosing Paypal nothing happens.

My checkout progress information is cleared, I stay on step 4 and if I click again on the Continue button, nothing happens.

So as I wanted to update the theme, I just installed the ultimo template by Infortis, to be sure the problem is not because of my theme is out dated.

And I also have the same problem.

Does someone have similar issue ? i am stuck from good few hours and cant find answer anywhere.

Can someone tell me real solution ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: One page checkout process does not work anymore (step 4: payment)

Yes it was the module "heared4us" that was not compatible with this new version, after removing this module everything is ok. All the best Christophe B. http://www.l-wa.fr

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

There is a problem with the markup in the payment section.
When the shipping method step is completed this js should be executed:

$('checkout-'+response.update_section.name+'-load').update(response.update_section.html);

response.update_section.name is payment-method

but

$('checkout-payment-method-load') 

returns null because there is no element with that id in your DOM.
Make sure that this file in your theme checkout/onepage/payment/info.phtml has the following content:

<dl class="sp-methods" id="checkout-payment-method-load">
   <!-- Content dynamically loaded. Content from the methods.phtml is loaded during the ajax call -->
</dl>
Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Hi MageComp,

Many thanks for your answer.

I had a look to this part and here are my results.

In the directory /app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage/payment/ the info.phtml has the content necessary.

I tried to copy this file in my theme directory but nothing changed.

So I looked deeper, with or without the file in my theme, in my html page I have the code :

<dl class="sp-methods" id="checkout-payment-method-load">
   <!-- Content dynamically loaded. Content from the methods.phtml is loaded during the ajax call -->
</dl>

After that I looked in opcheckout.js on line 261-264 :

setStepResponse: function(response){
        if (response.update_section) {
            $('checkout-'+response.update_section.name+'-load').update(response.update_section.html);
        }

response.update_section is null when arriving to this point so that's the problem.

Do you have an idea to solve that ?

Many thanks beforehands

Christophe

Hello

Please just copy and paste the info.phtml file from base and paste in your current theme.

Let me know

Ok I did it and problem is same.

There is a problem in your checkout.xml file.

Please find below code

<block type="checkout/onepage_payment_methods" name="checkout.payment.methods" as="methods" template="checkout/onepage/payment/methods.phtml">

and replaced with

<block type="checkout/onepage_payment_methods" name="checkout.payment.methods" as="methods" template="checkout/onepage/payment/info.phtml">

Let me know

Hi, thanks for your answer, this is already the code existing in the file checkout.xml. Here is the code from line 300 in file app/design/frontend/base/default/layout/checkout.xml :

<checkout_onepage_index translate="label">
        <label>One Page Checkout</label>
        <!-- Mage_Checkout -->
        <remove name="left"/>

<reference name="root">
            <action method="setTemplate"><template>page/2columns-right.phtml</template></action>
        </reference>
        <reference name="right">
            <action method="unsetChildren"></action>
            <block type="page/html_wrapper" name="checkout.progress.wrapper" translate="label">
                <label>Checkout Progress Wrapper</label>
                <action method="setElementId"><value>checkout-progress-wrapper</value></action>
                <block type="checkout/onepage_progress" name="checkout.progress" before="-" template="checkout/onepage/progress.phtml">
                    <block type="checkout/onepage_progress" name="billing.progress" template="checkout/onepage/progress/billing.phtml"></block>
                    <block type="checkout/onepage_progress" name="shipping.progress" template="checkout/onepage/progress/shipping.phtml"></block>
                    <block type="checkout/onepage_progress" name="shippingmethod.progress" template="checkout/onepage/progress/shipping_method.phtml"></block>
                    <block type="checkout/onepage_progress" name="payment.progress" template="checkout/onepage/progress/payment.phtml"></block>
                </block>
            </block>
        </reference>
        <reference name="content">
            <block type="checkout/onepage" name="checkout.onepage" template="checkout/onepage.phtml">
                <block type="checkout/onepage_login" name="checkout.onepage.login" as="login" template="checkout/onepage/login.phtml">
                    <block type="page/html_wrapper" name="checkout.onepage.login.before" as="login_before" translate="label">
                        <label>Login/Registration Before</label>
                        <action method="setMayBeInvisible"><value>1</value></action>
                    </block>
                </block>
                <block type="checkout/onepage_billing" name="checkout.onepage.billing" as="billing" template="checkout/onepage/billing.phtml"/>
                <block type="checkout/onepage_shipping" name="checkout.onepage.shipping" as="shipping" template="checkout/onepage/shipping.phtml"/>
                <block type="checkout/onepage_shipping_method" name="checkout.onepage.shipping_method" as="shipping_method" template="checkout/onepage/shipping_method.phtml">
                    <block type="checkout/onepage_shipping_method_available" name="checkout.onepage.shipping_method.available" as="available" template="checkout/onepage/shipping_method/available.phtml"/>
                    <block type="checkout/onepage_shipping_method_additional" name="checkout.onepage.shipping_method.additional" as="additional" template="checkout/onepage/shipping_method/additional.phtml"/>
                </block>
                <block type="checkout/onepage_payment" name="checkout.onepage.payment" as="payment" template="checkout/onepage/payment.phtml">
                    <block type="checkout/onepage_payment_methods" name="checkout.payment.methods" as="methods" template="checkout/onepage/payment/info.phtml">
                        <action method="setMethodFormTemplate"><method>purchaseorder</method><template>payment/form/purchaseorder.phtml</template></action>
                    </block>
                </block>
                <block type="checkout/onepage_review" name="checkout.onepage.review" as="review" template="checkout/onepage/review.phtml"/>
            </block>
        </reference>
    </checkout_onepage_index>

Many thanks beforehands for your help

I made also some debug to see what is happening in variables in opcheckout.js.

When I validate the billing method, response object has this elements when going through Checkout.setStepResponse() :

• allow_sections: Array[1] (0: "shipping")
  • duplicateBillingInfo: "true"
  • goto_section: "shipping_method"
  • update_section: Object (with html: "some html code" and name: "shipping-method"

When I validate the shipping method, it is not going through Checkout.setStepResponse().

When I validate the payment method, response object has this elements when going through Checkout.setStepResponse() :

• goto_section: "heared4us"

Where can I debug to find out what's happening with response object ?

This was last discussed 2 months ago. Is there any update on the reason Payment Methods will not display after upgrade to 1.9.2.1?

Yes it was the module "heared4us" that was not compatible with this new version, after removing this module everything is ok. All the best Christophe B. http://www.l-wa.fr