cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading 2.0.7 to 2.1 issue compile fails

Upgrading 2.0.7 to 2.1 issue compile fails

I have just tried to upgrade Magento from 2.0.7 to 2.1 using compiler. This is the first time I have performed an uprgade so not entirely sure what I should see as the process completes. This is the process I followed

1. Installed MDVA-532 patch
  2. composer require magento/product-community-edition 2.1.0 --no-update

3. composer update

Updating dependencies began but appeared to stop at Package fabpot/php-cs-fixer.

Removing fabpot/php-cs-fixer (v1.11.2)
  - Installing fabpot/php-cs-fixer (v1.12.0)
    Downloading: 100%         

Package fabpot/php-cs-fixer is abandoned, you should avoid using it. Use friendsofphp/php-cs-fixer instead.
Writing lock file
Generating autoload files

So does this mean the update stopped at this point or has it completed successfully?

I continued to try and complete the update by running

rm -rf var/di var/generation
php bin/magento cache:clean
php bin/magento cache:flush
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile

but the compiling fails.

Compilation was started.
Proxies code generation... 0/7 [>---------------------------]   0% 1 sec 69.5 Mi
Proxies code generation... 1/7 [====>-----------------------]  14% 1 sec 76.5 Mi
Repositories code generation... 1/7 [====>-----------------------]  14% 1 sec 76
Repositories code generation... 2/7 [========>-------------------]  28% 37 secs 
Service data attributes generation... 2/7 [========>-------------------]  28% 37
Service data attributes generation... 3/7 [============>---------------]  42% 38
Application code generator... 3/7 [============>---------------]  42% 38 secs 43
Application code generator... 4/7 [================>-----------]  57% 2 mins 462
Interceptors generation... 4/7 [================>-----------]  57% 2 mins 462.5 
Interceptors generation... 5/7 [====================>-------]  71% 3 mins 528.0 
Area configuration aggregation... 5/7 [====================>-------]  71% 3 mins 528.0 MiB

[ReflectionException]  
  Class  does not exist  

setup:di:compile

this is the trace for the error

Exception trace:
 () at /chroot/home/thefaste/thefastenerfactory.com.au/html/vendor/magento/framework/Code/Reader/ClassReader.php:19
 ReflectionClass->__construct() at /chroot/home/thefaste/thefastenerfactory.com.au/html/vendor/magento/framework/Code/Reader/ClassReader.php:19
 Magento\Framework\Code\Reader\ClassReader->getConstructor() at /chroot/home/thefaste/thefastenerfactory.com.au/html/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Module/Di/Code/Reader/ClassReaderDecorator.php:35
 Magento\Setup\Module\Di\Code\Reader\ClassReaderDecorator->getConstructor() at /chroot/home/thefaste/thefastenerfactory.com.au/html/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Module/Di/Code/Reader/Decorator/Area.php:53
 Magento\Setup\Module\Di\Code\Reader\Decorator\Area->getList() at /chroot/home/thefaste/thefastenerfactory.com.au/html/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Module/Di/App/Task/Operation/Area.php:109
 Magento\Setup\Module\Di\App\Task\Operation\Area->getDefinitionsCollection() at /chroot/home/thefaste/thefastenerfactory.com.au/html/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Module/Di/App/Task/Operation/Area.php:84
 Magento\Setup\Module\Di\App\Task\Operation\Area->doOperation() at /chroot/home/thefaste/thefastenerfactory.com.au/html/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Module/Di/App/Task/Manager.php:56
 Magento\Setup\Module\Di\App\Task\Manager->process() at /chroot/home/thefaste/thefastenerfactory.com.au/html/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Console/Command/DiCompileCommand.php:196
 Magento\Setup\Console\Command\DiCompileCommand->execute() at /chroot/home/thefaste/thefastenerfactory.com.au/html/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Command/Command.php:257
 Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run() at /chroot/home/thefaste/thefastenerfactory.com.au/html/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Application.php:874
 Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand() at /chroot/home/thefaste/thefastenerfactory.com.au/html/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Application.php:195
 Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun() at /chroot/home/thefaste/thefastenerfactory.com.au/html/vendor/magento/framework/Console/Cli.php:96
 Magento\Framework\Console\Cli->doRun() at /chroot/home/thefaste/thefastenerfactory.com.au/html/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Application.php:126
 Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run() at /chroot/home/thefaste/thefastenerfactory.com.au/html/bin/magento:23

I have also checked permissions of files(600) and folders(711). 

If anyone has any idea where I have gone wrong or how I can debug this it would be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Upgrading 2.0.7 to 2.1 issue compile fails

You can try to follow the topic: https://community.magento.com/t5/Version-Upgrades-for-2-x/magento-2-0-5-to-magento2-1-Command-line-u... that have problem with "Package fabpot/php-cs-fixer is abandoned, you should avoid using it. Use friends ofphp/php-cs-fixer instead." If you cannt find an effective way to solve your problem, you have a help hand from Magento upgrade extension

Shouldn't this topic belong to Magento 2 section?

Tanel Raja

Maybe this topic is on wrong place. However, it is a diffcult error.

Yes, should be under M2. Quick question, I've been considering A2, would this be the kind of support I'd receive from A2? Do you work for them?

Hello Bntabor,

Thank you for considering A2 Hosting. Tanel is one of our community liaisons whose role consists of assisting users on a specific platform (in this case Magento) to the best of their ability and is separate from our customer support team. 

If you do signup with us and have any issues at all, I encourage you to make a support ticket though of course, our liaison is here to help where possible on this forum if you'd prefer that.

If you have any questions about our services please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,

Alex.