cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Pay

Apple Pay

Magento 2.4.5 C.E boasts support for Apple Pay:

Apple Pay integration is one of the most prominent new features in the latest Magento 2.4.5 release. This means users can make in-store payments using Apple Pay on the Magento platform.

Now I'm probably being stupid in how I interpret that statement but I cannot find any way of setting up Apple Pay other than to use a third party extension or a payment gateway like Braintree or Stripe.

Documentation is at very best sketchy so can anyone confirm that its possible to use Apple Pay directly from Magento once I have set up my Apple Developers account, keys etc?

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Apple Pay

Good Day,

I can assist with setting up Apple Pay with an Adobe extension. Are you based in the US or Canada?

https://marketplace.magento.com/magento-payment-services.html

This extension supports Apple Pay, PayPal, and credit cards. Please let me know if you'd like to connect about it. This services also comes with support direct from Adobe. 

Harrison

hloveall@adobe.com

Manager, Payment Services Sales

Hi

We are based in the UK.

Thanks Bob

Hi Bob,

We are launching in UK launch early next year. We can make Apple Pay available in Sandbox as that just takes a couple days to be whitelisted after you’ve installed the extension if you wanted to test prior to our launch.

Hi

That would be great as I need to test before the new site goes live anyway.

sending you PM

Hi, 

I'm based in Australia and we are upgrading to 2.4.6.

Is this available in Au?

Hi there, 

What is your timeframe to upgrade to 2.4.6? 

It will be available soon. I'd be happy to whitelist your account for testing Apple Pay. 

You are correct that the Magento 2.4.5 release includes support for Apple Pay integration. However, in order to use Apple Pay, you will still need to use a payment gateway that supports it, such as Braintree or Stripe.

While it is true that Magento 2.4.5 has added support for Apple Pay, this mainly refers to the ability for customers to use Apple Pay as a payment method in the checkout process, rather than as an in-store payment method. In order to enable Apple Pay as a payment method, you will need to set up the necessary credentials and configure the payment gateway accordingly.

Unfortunately, the documentation for setting up Apple Pay within Magento can be a bit sparse, but you can find more information on how to set up Apple Pay with Braintree or Stripe on their respective websites.

I totally get your frustration with the Apple Pay setup on Magento 2.4.5. It can be a bit confusing, especially with the limited documentation available. As far as I know, setting up Apple Pay directly from Magento requires using a third-party extension or a payment gateway like Braintree or Stripe, just like you mentioned. I had a similar experience, and what helped me out was stumbling upon this awesome blog with the best products I found while searching for solutions to various Magento issues. It had a great guide on setting up Apple Pay and many other helpful tips. Check it out!