cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Magento 2, how do I show all associated products for configurable products in their category?

In Magento 2, how do I show all associated products for configurable products in their category?

THE SCENARIO :

A sandal with 3 colors: Black, Blue & Green, each with 3 sizes: 5, 6 & 7. Now, on the product listing page, we wish to show the Black, Blue and Green sandal separately while still having the ability to show all the colors on the product details page allowing the user to select the one which he wishes to.

The product listing page would look something like this :

11 .png

clearly showing all the available colors for products. It's a good UI & UX as it shows the richness of the product catalog while allowing the user to visualize each color easily.

The product details page would look something like this :

22 .png

Thus, from the product listing page, the user may go directly to any color sandal and once on the product details page, he/she has the choice to change the color and visualize the product better.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: In Magento 2, how do I show all associated products for configurable products in their category?

Hi @Rishi Ranjan 

In this scenario, you can change the "Visibility" of all those simple products from "Not Visible Individually" to "Catalog, Search" by navigating yourself to Product grid and click on the "Edit" link.

If you want to change these for multiple products, first select all the products from the product grid and click on the "Update Attributes" option from the "Action" dropdown menu located right above the grid. Once tapped that option, discover the "Visibility" attribute from the "Attributes" product information tab and change the value to "Catalog, Search". Once changed, click on the save button and experience the magic on the product listing page.

Don't forget to perform Cache Management, if Magento asks you to do so.

Hope it helps!

Found the above suggestion helpful, hit the "Kudos" & Accept as Solution!

Thank you,
Rohan D.
Free & Premium Magento 2 Extensions

Re: In Magento 2, how do I show all associated products for configurable products in their category?

Hi @R_Doshi,

But this will not satisfy my requirements. Please read the post again.

Hi @R_Doshi,

But this will not satisfy my requirements. Please read the post again.

Did you ever find a solution to this? Using simple products is the catalog search doesn't work because 1) the product URL links to the simple product, not the configurable product and 2) if the simple product is out of stock, that might not be representative of the other sizes of that product.

Did you resolve this issue, we are needing the same?

Have you solved this problem, I need it too.

@toby_gall wrote:

Did you ever find a solution to this? Using simple products is the catalog search doesn't work because 1) the product URL links to the simple product, not the configurable product and 2) if the simple product is out of stock, that might not be representative of the other sizes of that product.

That's right. We need the solution as well

In the event that you are utilizing the divert strategy, the post back to your site would need to occur on the auth.net receipt page. This is unavoidable as best I know. I notice in another post that you said you changed to an iframe.

How could it be that you utilize the exchange information? You show your own receipt that will have the exchange Id and what else? Anything is possible for someone who is truly determined, by and large, and my hunch is the way isn't hard for this situation.