cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Website Restictions” not available in admin module

SOLVED

“Website Restictions” not available in admin module

Im setting up an new Magento 2 site and want to control who has access to the site until it is ready for production. According to the documentation:

https://docs.magento.com/m2/ee/user_guide/marketing/event-restrict-access.html

There should be a section under

Stores > Settings > Configuration > General > General named "Website Restrictions"

But there is no section named "Website Restrictions".

All the other sections are available - but not the "Website Restrictions" part.

I have the role of admin, and should be able to see/do everything.

What could be wrong? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: “Website Restictions” not available in admin module

Hi @mrtwodogsdc331 

I understand the problem you are facing.

Actually this functionality is available with Magento Commerce (Enterprise Edition) Version only.

That is mentioned at the top of the article - the link you are referring to as well - that this content is only for Enterprise edition.

So if you are using open source (Community) version then this option will not visible to you.

I have checked on the Commerce version and it is available on the given section.

Hoep it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @mrtwodogsdc331 

I understand the problem you are facing.

Actually this functionality is available with Magento Commerce (Enterprise Edition) Version only.

That is mentioned at the top of the article - the link you are referring to as well - that this content is only for Enterprise edition.

So if you are using open source (Community) version then this option will not visible to you.

I have checked on the Commerce version and it is available on the given section.

Hoep it helps !

Thanks for answering a newbie. 

I actually believed I was running on at Commerce edition, since it was stated in the admin footer, but now realize that it was a part of the company name in the footer: "Copyright © 2020 Magento Commerce Inc. All rights reserved."

Should you stumble upon the same question you can determine the Magento version on a site by visiting the URL:

<website>/magento_version

(mine said "Magento/2.3 (Community)")

Hi @mrtwodogsdc331 

Yes you can check the version by passing magento_version with the base URL of the site.

Happy to help and keep helping others Smiley Happy