cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

store connection via ssh

store connection via ssh

Hello everyone, please how do I connect my store via ssh?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: store connection via ssh

hi jennifer ..

if you are using ubuntu system .. then open your terminal and right ssh command with ip address of your store then give username and password for the same ..

if you are using Windows server then you required tool/software to connect using SSH.

Putty is very good software for Windows to connect SSH.

download putty then open it .. over there you will see a field like host name and port num .. enter your store host details along with its password over here ..

then after it will prompt for password ..

enter password and you will connecting to ssh ..

hope it helps
if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hello @jennifer_unyime

May i know which server are you using?

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

Hello, thanks for the suggestion,but I've done this and it takes me to my server instead. is that the same place? I tried running commands there but it kept failing. Like when I tried getting to the root directory as I was asked to do, it just said permission denied (publickey)

Hi @jennifer_unyime

okay i understand - as you mention you are getting the error of permission denied,

then you must need to contact your server hosting provider , and ask them for the access rights.

once you logged in with the server you need to go to your magento 2 root directory. by running cd your directory name , you can reach your magento 2 root directory.

so ask your hosting provider for access rights and permissions for your account.

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

You can check below ubuntu forum for your query or ask your hosting provider for public key ssh issue so hosting provider will suggest you for your server query.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/311558/ssh-permission-denied-publickey

Other link is,

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/questions/error-permission-denied-publickey-when-i-try-to-ssh

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Please take a look lesson "First login to the server with Putty" in scope of Magento2tuts.com training. It's explained how to connect to SSH.

Thanks

Thanks man you were helpful