cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need hosting recommendation for magento 2

need hosting recommendation for magento 2

I noticed that magento 2 require MySQL 5.6, which unfortunately not supported by must shared hosting provider 

what are your recommendation for a good shared hosting provider that support MySQL 5.6 so I can install magento 2

19 REPLIES 19

Re: need hosting recommendation for magento 2

Hi @mubdea

If you do not have budget constraints and you want good performance from your site.I suggest you to go with VPS hosting as shared hosting will not provide you good control to optimize your site .

You can select hosting partners from Magento partner portal.

Thanks

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

you are right, VPS these days costs the same as shared, but gives you freedom.

------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization

If you want to use MYSQL 5.6 for running Magento 2, try Nexcess Magento hosting, they've already installed MySQL 5.6 on their Magento hosting.

<< Snipped >>

I would recommend you to go for VPS as it can support intensive softwares like magento. Even though this would work on shared hosting but the functionality which should receive on VPS is not available on shared hosting. If you are still interested in shared hosting, I have suggested some good packages below.

http://www.rackspace.co.uk/

https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

https://www.eukhost.com/web-hosting/cpanel.php

Basically, not many things different from magento 1.x and 2.x about the hosting/server requirements. At least for almost popular magento hosting they 've already met the magento 2.x requirements before it 's release.

Hi,

I am using hostgator shared web hosting for magento. Service is good. Also blue host VPS account save money.

I had used VPS and shared hosting for magento. VPS gives more control and better accessibility.

-Thanks & Best Regards, Zohaib

Hi,

u can use www.smarterasp.net, its very good we host a lot of websites there with more than 10 000 products, They support CloudFlare HTTP/2 which make you website very fast. They also support 1-Click Installer for Magento.

I wouldn't recommend you to go with a cheap VPS due to many reasons, including the hassle to setup, secure and manage the VPS. 

MySQL 5.6 should be pretty standard on new servers so you may want to ask any hosting providers that you are interested in about it and some may have it for their newer servers. 

I'm hosting my magento on my dedicated server, I'm setting it up for few more sites << Snipped >>