cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot save products in Magento2 - Silent failure

SOLVED

Cannot save products in Magento2 - Silent failure

Hello!

Recently my Magento2 installation decided to stop letting me save new products. There was no problem until now. I have searched the forums but could find similar problems. The problem manifests in the product page, after clicking "add product". I would fill in the required elements, and click save. And then nothing would happen. No error message, no nothing.

I have:

1. Disabled the last installed modules (they were Pdf Templates). I tried uninstalling them but that has actually failed -they are still on the list.

2. Regenerated all di files.

3. Used the javascript console to see if anything pops up - nothing did - the errors were trivial:

JQMIGRATE: Logging is active
[Violation] Forced reflow while executing JavaScript took 107ms
[Violation] Forced reflow while executing JavaScript took 46ms
[Violation] Forced reflow while executing JavaScript took 38ms

4. Looked at the Apache error logs, access logs and the Magento2 exception system and debug logs. Nothing noteworthy came up.

5. The only module installed post vanilla magento2 is the e2a module for amazon and ebay integration - however there were no problems adding products to the catalog AFTER it was installed so it's unlikely to be the culprit. Either way I cannot afford to disable it as I have live listings right now and this is a live store.

Looking at the browser network monitor, it doesn't even look like the save button is comitting any action or sending any request to the server. 

I would appreciate any advice in debugging this - I am a moderately competent engineer but the Magento2 codebase is not something I am an expert it. I have no clue where to even begin.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot save products in Magento2 - Silent failure

@nirsofferDid you try different browser? Possibly one of JS is not working on IE/Edge and causing the issue. Test the same in Firefox/Google Chrome.

Try clearing the cache as well of both Browser and Magento. Are you able to Edit an existing product? Can you share a screenshot of what data you are entering to create the product. One of the required attribute may be missing due to which 'Save' is not working.

Problem Solved? Please give Kudos and Access answer as Solution.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@nirsofferDid you try different browser? Possibly one of JS is not working on IE/Edge and causing the issue. Test the same in Firefox/Google Chrome.

Try clearing the cache as well of both Browser and Magento. Are you able to Edit an existing product? Can you share a screenshot of what data you are entering to create the product. One of the required attribute may be missing due to which 'Save' is not working.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

@Tarandeep Singh wrote:

Thank you, @Tarandeep Singh !

The bad news are that I did try most of the things you mentioned - 

The good news are that your suggestion to look at the fields was spot on - for some odd reason description was required. I am pretty sure it wasn't required in previous incidents where I added a product.

Many thanks!

BTW, if anyone from the core team is actually reading this - actually opening the 'tab' where the required value is missing, and focusing the window on it by scrolling to the correct field would do wonders for the UX. There was zero indication that there was a missing value until I went by and expanded each of the content areas, one by one.

Hello Support ,

I have a similar issue where if i save the product in a specific store view , i get an error about non well formed numeric value in options where as products have no options its just simple product. Intresting is that this only happen with specific admin login not with all logins.

Regards

Rahul