cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion/Problems with data migration

SOLVED

Confusion/Problems with data migration

I am migrating from M1 enterprise to M2 enterprise. I have installed the data migration tool and created my own custom plugin to override some of the settings. I created the following files:

• Migration/etc/commerce-to-commerce/1.14.3.2/config.xml
  • Migration/etc/commerce-to-commerce/1.14.3.2/map.xml
  • Migration/etc/commerce-to-commerce/class-map.xml
  • Migration/etc/commerce-to-commerce/map-eav.xml
  • Migration/etc/commerce-to-commerce/settings.xml

All of the above files were copied from the module directories. I then simply added some additional ignore overrides into the maps (for some custom tables and such) and modified the config to point to my customized files (leaving all other files pointing to the default files).

From everything I've read, the basic settings and data should be transferred over automatically without any other coding. When I run the migration tool, I do not get any errors. I get a few warnings about unserializing data failing. When it completes I am finding a bunch of things not working properly and I'm not sure how to debug.

For categories, the category name and url_key are not being copied over

In the map.xml file I noticed that it is ignoring the category url key table:

<ignore>
<document>catalog_category_entity_url_key</document>
</ignore>

I assume this is the issue? In looking this up I think that in M2, the category url keys are stored in the catalog_category_entity_varchar table and there is no url_key table. I'm not sure how we're supposed to map this table to the varchar table?

Products were transferred over, however all of the attributes appear to be blank. None of the values were copied over.

Also, when I attempt to view a product in the admin, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 2 passed to Magento\Framework\Stdlib\ArrayManager::set() must be of the type array, null given, called in /var/www/magento/vendor/magento/module-catalog-staging/Ui/DataProvider/Product/Form/Modifier/ScheduleDesignUpdate.php on line 64 and defined in /var/www/magento/vendor/magento/framework/Stdlib/ArrayManager.php:72

Stack trace: 
#0 /var/www/magento/vendor/magento/module-catalog-staging/Ui/DataProvider/Product/Form/Modifier/ScheduleDesignUpdate.php(64): Magento\Framework\Stdlib\ArrayManager->set('data/config/lab...', NULL, 'Design')
#1 /var/www/magento/vendor/magento/module-catalog/Ui/DataProvider/Product/Form/ProductDataProvider.php(73): Magento\CatalogStaging\Ui\DataProvider\Product\Form\Modifier\ScheduleDesignUpdate->modifyMeta(Array) 
#2 /var/www/magento/vendor/magento/framework/View/Element/UiComponentFactory.php(318): Magento\Catalog\Ui\DataProvider\Product\Form\ProductDataProvider->getMeta() 
#3 /var/www/magento/vendor/magento/framework/View/Element/UiComponentFactory.php(218 in /var/www/magento/vendor/magento/framework/Stdlib/ArrayManager.php on line 72

Do you have to do something special to transfer over the attributes? I thought all of the default attributes would be copied over?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Confusion/Problems with data migration

OMG just realized the problem... the EAV step was commented out in my file Smiley Sad I'm dumb! LOL.

<step title="EAV Step">
            <integrity>Migration\Step\Eav\Integrity</integrity>
            <data>Migration\Step\Eav\Data</data>
            <volume>Migration\Step\Eav\Volume</volume>
        </step>

Uncommenting that made it all work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

OMG just realized the problem... the EAV step was commented out in my file Smiley Sad I'm dumb! LOL.

<step title="EAV Step">
            <integrity>Migration\Step\Eav\Integrity</integrity>
            <data>Migration\Step\Eav\Data</data>
            <volume>Migration\Step\Eav\Volume</volume>
        </step>

Uncommenting that made it all work.

Hi @solecord 

I am also facing similar issue after migration. I am not able to create new product from admin. 

I am getting following error.

5099 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 2 passed to Magento\Framework\Stdlib\ArrayManager::set() must be of the type array, null given,
called in /var/www/html/project/vendor/magento/module-catalog-staging/Ui/DataProvider/Product/Form/Modifier/ScheduleDesignUpdate.php on line 64
and defined in /var/www/html/project/vendor/magento/framework/Stdlib/ArrayManager.php:72
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/project/vendor/magento/module-catalog-staging/Ui/DataProvider/Product/Form/Modifier/ScheduleDesignUpdate.php(64): Magento\Framework\Stdlib\ArrayManager->set('data/config/lab...', NULL, 'Design')
#1 /var/www/html/project/vendor/magento/module-catalog/Ui/DataProvider/Product/Form/ProductDataProvider.php(73): Magento\CatalogStaging\Ui\DataProvider\Product\Form\Modifier\ScheduleDesignUpdate->modifyMeta(Array)
#2 /var/www/html/project/vendor/magento/framework/View/Element/UiComponentFactory.php(318): Magento\Catalog\Ui\DataProvider\Product\Form\ProductDataProvider->getMeta()
#3 /var/www/html/project/vendor/magento/" while reading response header from upstream, client: 106.51.232.243, server: qam2.example.com, request: "GET /ctrlpanel_projecthc/catalog/product/new/set/10/type/simple/key/8a37a77899aecb6919284bc941cad162600f6dd1f71eb497b4109eaced950818/ HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php7.3-fpm.sock:",

could you help me with it.

Thanks

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum