cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot Password Email not getting to some customers!!!

Forgot Password Email not getting to some customers!!!

Hi Guys,

I am facing a weird issue, some of our customers complaining about forgot password email, they not getting forgot password email etc... We tried to reset theses customers password through admin and we got this message as usual "The Customer will receive an email with a link to reset password" but in order, this email also not getting them, we ensured with Spam/Junk directories.

Also, the fun thing is that the forgot password mailing really working fine to major customers, the issue facing only a few of them also, these few of them receiving other emails from our store like welcome email and order email etc... the issue only with forgot the password mail

"The Customer will receive an email with a link to reset password" is this message means that an email successfully sends from our system/server am I right?

Did anyone face like this issue? or at least where I can check these forgot password emailing logs?

any hints? greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Forgot Password Email not getting to some customers!!!

Hey there!

First of all, you have to absolutely ensure the emails were actually sent. Most probably they were (as customers are getting other types of email), but this is a basic step to identify the issues. To do that, please check the mail log on your server or request a mail log of the provider you're using (say, if you're sending your mail via Gmail).

Now, if the logs show an error, you have to fix it. If the logs say the email was sent successfully, there's another step.

Sometimes, emails don't even go to the spam folder and are rejected on the server level, and people never actually see them neither in their inboxes nor in the trash folders. This often happens for customers that have email accounts on Amazon, Yahoo, Microsoft etc.

So have a look at the emails of the people who never received the emails and check if they have email accounts from these companies. If this theory is valid your case, the best decision is to contact the support department of the company which provides email services and ask them to check if they blocked your emails, and if yes, then why.

Good luck with that!

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

I agree with @Amasty that the first thing that you need to do is to check your mail logs and see if the emails were sent out at all. 

From there if you see any error that should point you to the correct direction to resolve the issue. 

I'm seeing this issue as well: order emails etc are being sent with no issue, but password reset emails (either from the frontend or backend) are never sent. I checked mail server logs on both the Magento 2 server as well as the SMTP server that it injects messages into, and the password reset messages are never even being attempted from Magento. 

Other messages are sent fine. Just password messages are never sent. 

Where should I start looking?