cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with missing table after upgrading Mega Menu extension

SOLVED

Re: Issue with missing table after upgrading Mega Menu extension

Hi @Nishu Jindal 

I didn't realize the category id was right there in the category column. I checked to make sure the category id in the category column, i.e. 35 for yarn, matched. They do.

Do you have any idea why all the links are #, as if they were meant to be unclickable. Based on the database, they should be category links to the appropriate category.

Thanks!

Hi @frameroom ,

You were using some old version of VES Megamenu and after magento upgrade you upgrade the extension as well. Please correct me if this is wrong.

In one project which is in magento 2.3.1 , i am using this VES megamenu of version (1.1.4) and it is working fine.

Can you please try first removing this module completely from your instance and then install it again fresh with latest version. I hope it works else we need to debug the code.

Thanks!

----------------------------

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Hi @Nishu Jindal 

Certainly.

To be clear, so I am updating what you recommend and not something wrong, you want me to update the VES all module?

To be sure we are on the same page, could you provide me links to what I should update to be 100% sure?

Thanks!

Hi @frameroom ,

No, I want you to install Ves megamenu module after removing it first from your instance. So that we will be more sure that we are using the latest module.

Which version of Ves megamenu you have in your site currently.?

Thanks!

Well, oddly, the table setup_module shows:

Ves_Megamenu 1.1.4 1.1.4

But, I downloaded, unpacked, and uploaded the app and pub of Megamenu v2.1.0_1 (folder name in download) for Magento 2.3x. Then ran the instructions from the Instructions. That's where the problems began and where you've been so helpful since.

Shouldn't the setup_module table show the newer version after doing the aforementioned?

What do you recommend now?

Thanks again!

Hi @frameroom ,

Can you please check the module version in modules etc/module.xml. version mention there should be present in setup_module table. 

Please check this and my recommendation will be the same. Please completely delete this module first from codebase. Remove entry from setup_module table. Delete all corresponding tables and then run all module commands (do compile, setup upgrade, static content deploy)

Once we are sure complete module is removed then try to install the latest package which you want to install for magento 2.3.* 

Hope with this approach we will solve all issues. 

Thanks!

Hi @frameroom ,

Are we still facing issues in megamenu.?

Thanks!

Hi @Nishu Jindal 

Thanks for following up.

I did exactly as you stated. Here is what I did:

1. Removed folder app>code>Ves>Megamenu

2. Deleted Megamenu entries from setup_module table

3. Deleted all tables with Megamenu in their name

4. Uploaded contents of downloaded Megamenu folder \ves_megamenu_v2.1.0_1\magento 2.3.x\Ves_Megamenu_v2.3.x

5. Ran the following commands:

php bin/magento setup:upgrade

php bin/magento setup:di:compile

php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f

I cleared and flushed the Magento cache to be safe.

The result:

Back to exactly where I was before, except the menus with sample data are showing on the front end. Table setup_module still shows Megamenu schema and data version as 1.1.4. I definetely uploaded v2.1.0_1 for M2.3x. Here is screenshot of setup_module:

https://www.screencast.com/t/lje71LmDPh

Also, I still have the issue from previously on this thread that in admin>Venustheme>Manage Menus where if I try to save menus main-top or main-top1, it 404s. We know the "fix" to that is to delete those menus make a new menu-top menu, but I'm sharing that info just to show this solution didn't really get me anywhere.

What do you think?

Thanks again!

Hi @frameroom ,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I really apologise that last solution also not worked for us. 

Last suggestion which i can give is take help from Magento expert to solve your issue or ask from the Ves support for the solution.

Thanks!

Thanks for your help. So much.

I have tickets in with @Landofcoder but their support has been horrible lately. They give one, maybe 2 sentence "answers". They also skip over the actual questions you ask, even if you clearly state them like:

1. Question 1

2. Question 2

So frustrating. They used to be good. Now, not so much.

This is the latest they offered if it helps you help me with a solution:

----from ticket about the issue with table not showing----

Hi

Please update module Ves All

https://landofcoder.ticksy.com/article/15339

Thanks

---end that response---

Looking at the ticket they link I think the idea is to remove all the components, then try to put them all back. I guess its worth a try.

Thoughts?

Thanks again!