cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Widgets not translating on store front

Widgets not translating on store front

Widget not displaying on store front.   When I input a widget using content editor, the store front shows the same thing the admin does, instead of showing the actual  widget.  Its only happening on the development repo, the 2.0 repo works fine.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Widgets not translating on store front

Please press the "Show / Hide Editor" button and publish the screenshot.

On the broken version:

<p>{{widget type="Magento\CatalogWidget\Block\Product\ProductsList" title="Products" template="product/widget/content/grid.phtml" id_path="product/1" products_count="10" conditions_encoded="a:1:[i:1;a:4:[s:4:`type`;s:50:`Magento|CatalogWidget|Model|Rule|Condition|Combine`;s:10:`aggregator`;s:3:`all`;s:5:`value`;s:1:`1`;s:9:`new_child`;s:0:``;]]"}}</p>

On the working 2.0 branch:

<p>{{widget type="Magento\CatalogWidget\Block\Product\ProductsList" products_count="10" template="product/widget/content/grid.phtml" conditions_encoded="a:1:[i:1;a:4:[s:4:`type`;s:50:`Magento|CatalogWidget|Model|Rule|Condition|Combine`;s:10:`aggregator`;s:3:`all`;s:5:`value`;s:1:`1`;s:9:`new_child`;s:0:``;]]"}}</p>

Update:

The difference in code actually does not seem to be the issue.  So I don't know what is.  I do know that removing the surrounding paragraph tag on the widget and saving made the widget appear, even though it just gets wrapped in a paragraph tag again once you save.  I'm really not sure what causes this issue. Saving the page again seems to make it work.

Swapping the code from the 2.0 branch into the dev branch makes the widget appear correctly on the store front.

Ok I have not figured out what is causing this.  When I go into edit the content, the widget stops translating again. Any idea whats going on here?

But it seems to start working again when I remove the paragraph tag around the widget code.  But still no idea if thats the cause since the editor just adds it back after its saved.