cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrade from 2.2.x to 2.4.0: addresses tab is missing from new customer page

SOLVED

After upgrade from 2.2.x to 2.4.0: addresses tab is missing from new customer page

Hey folks,

My issue is exactly as described in this stackoverflow post with screenshot: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59745591/magento-2-addresses-tab-missing

The addresses tab is missing, so when creating a customer, you cannot add an address until after the customer has been created.

Cache has been cleared, everything re-indexed, recompiled, etc.

In Safari browser, after I click on New Customer button, there's additional oddities (which do not appear in Chrome):

1. The page loads blank

2. When I scroll a tiny bit, everything appears

3. At the top of the screen is an empty iframe measuring around 160px x 200px. Below the iframe is a red error box, but with nothing in it. Both of these elements belong to the element with ID product_composite_configure (I have no idea why this element is even on this page given that this page has nothing to do with composite product). Then below all that is the normal page content

And Javascript error in console is (again only with Safari):

TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating 'prodCompConfIframe.style')
Global Code — new:182

---

I *can* create a customer here, but because there's no addresses tab, we can't add addresses to the customer while creating them.

Any idea how to get addresses back, or is this permanently removed from this screen with 2.3+?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: After upgrade from 2.2.x to 2.4.0: addresses tab is missing from new customer page

Hi @websavers ,

In the latest magento version they have done the functionality like the way.

1. While creating customer from admin,  address will only show to admin if there is a particular customer I'd. Which generate when we save customer.

2. So first we need to save the customer data and create a customerID after that we can save customer addresses data.

You can check same on magento 2 demo store as well.

http://demo-m2.bird.eu/admin/admin/index/index/key/16c8531ea03a17a8873f9ad06c7b7d33b7eb4580a76bd6274...

Hope this helps you!

Problem Solved! Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Re: After upgrade from 2.2.x to 2.4.0: addresses tab is missing from new customer page

Hi @websavers ,

In the latest magento version they have done the functionality like the way.

1. While creating customer from admin,  address will only show to admin if there is a particular customer I'd. Which generate when we save customer.

2. So first we need to save the customer data and create a customerID after that we can save customer addresses data.

You can check same on magento 2 demo store as well.

http://demo-m2.bird.eu/admin/admin/index/index/key/16c8531ea03a17a8873f9ad06c7b7d33b7eb4580a76bd6274...

Hope this helps you!

Problem Solved! Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!

Thanks! That makes sense.

The demo store *also* has the Safari glitch I described. Must be a bug.Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 8.37.46 AM.png

Hi, same issue found in here, all other browser is fine except safari, this problem drag me about 3 weeks, first I think might extension problem, and migration problem but it seems not.

Fresh install from composer and download zip format also shows same error.

Hope someone can get this sorted to make  safari browser users at least better looking.

Thanks