cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.0 'Update pending' on upgrade page

Magento 2.0 'Update pending' on upgrade page

Hello,

I am currently attempting to upgrade magento from version .0 to the newest .6 version and the upgrade does not go past it saying 'update pending' as a status.

The console log is empty, does anyone know why this is happening?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Magento 2.0 'Update pending' on upgrade page

Yes, I know;

Setup your crontab like this. Paths may differ but you'll get the idea.

*/1 * * * * php -c /etc/php5/cli/php.ini /var/www/domain.com/bin/magento cron:run >/dev/null
*/1 * * * * php -c /etc/php5/cli/php.ini /var/www/domain.com/update/cron.php >/dev/null
*/1 * * * * php -c /etc/php5/cli/php.ini /var/www/domain.com/bin/magento setup:cron:run >/dev/null

>/dev/null being silent mode

You'll also want to make sure those directories/.files are there before trying to update 2.0.0. Any of those missing (they normally are missing in 2.0.0) the upgrade will fail.

domain.com/vendor/magento/magento2-base/dev/tests/integration/.gitignore
domain.com/vendor/magento/magento2-base/dev/tests/functional/.gitignore
domain.com/vendor/magento/magento2-base/dev/tests/js/JsTestDriver/.gitignore
domain.com/vendor/magento/magento2-base/dev/tests/api-functional/.gitignore
domain.com/vendor/magento/magento2-base/dev/tests/unit/.gitignore
domain.com/vendor/magento/magento2-base/dev/tests/static/.gitignore

domain.com/vendor/magento/magento2-base/dev/tests/js/JsTestDriver/.gitignore
domain.com/vendor/magento/magento2-base/dev/tests/api-functional/.gitignore
domain.com/vendor/magento/magento2-base/dev/tests/unit/.gitignore
domain.com/vendor/magento/magento2-base/dev/tests/static/.gitignore
domain.com/vendor/magento/magento2-base/dev/tests/functional/.gitignore

I'm trying to go from 2.0.4 to 2.0.6 and experiencing the same problem. I've checked for the existence of the .gitignore files and they're there (although I'm pretty sure it only effects 2.0.0 upgrades). My crons are running properly and I have correct connect API details where they should be.

Is it worth doing the upgrade using the CLI method detailed here: http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/comp-mgr/cli/cli-upgrade.html

Any suggestions welcomed! Smiley Happy

Try that (OP, for info also, if 2.0.0 is really stubborn loll)

1. In your Magento 2 root folder, open the composer.json and change the version from 2.0.4 to 2.0.6 and save it. You'll see the version no located just below the line that reads "require": {

2. From the command line, enter the following commands:

$ cd /into your magento root/

$ sudo chmod -R u+x .
$ composer update             <--- that will pull the entire 2.0.6 package
$ php bin/magento :upgrade
$ sudo rm -rf var/di                <--- required only if you have this folder present
$ sudo rm -rf var/cache/*
$ php bin/magento setup:di:compile
$ php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy && php bin/magento indexer:reindex && php bin/magento cache:clean && php bin/magento cache:flush

3. Set your perms as you normally do e.g. below, and that's pretty much it really.

$ sudo chown -R (magento_user):www-data . && sudo find . -type d -exec chmod 770 {} \; && sudo find . -type f -exec chmod 660 {} \; && sudo chmod u+x bin/magento && sudo chmod -R g+w pub && sudo chmod -R g+w var && sudo chmod go-w app/etc 

All you'll have left to do after that is to have fun mate. Hope this helps a bit

Nearly forgot to add; this is the unofficial method of updating Magento (manually). You can find a few topics related to the method.

Somehow I find it far more effective than the official Web Setup Wizard but that is just a personal pref.

If nothing else works, that's pretty much all is left trying so.. good luck to U2

Hello I have changed my cron jobs from:

* * * * * /usr/local/bin/php /home/a5newstore3/public_html/bin/magento setup:cron:run
* * * * * /usr/local/bin/php /home/a5newstore3/public_html/update/cron.php
* * * * * /usr/local/bin/php /home/a5newstore3/public_html/bin/magento cron:run
0 0,12 * * * php-cli -q /home/a5newstore3/public_html/bin/magento indexer:reindex

to:

* * * * * php -c /etc/php5/cli/php.ini /home/a5newstore3/public_html/bin/magento setup:cron:run >/dev/null
* * * * * php -c /etc/php5/cli/php.ini /home/a5newstore3/public_html/update/cron.php >/dev/null
* * * * * php -c /etc/php5/cli/php.ini /home/a5newstore3/public_html/bin/magento cron:run >/dev/null
0 0,12 * * * php-cli -q /home/a5newstore3/public_html/bin/magento indexer:reindex

Also I cant find any of the .gitignore files in the directories listed, is there a way to insert them or find a way around it?

Thank you so much gtcmage - that worked perfectly! Smiley Very Happy Bookmarked this thread for the next version too Smiley Happy

Have an amazing day!

Paul

Glad that worked Paul

@ spasgeorgeb

yes there is a way, on linux for instance:

Use nano (text editor) and create them all one by one manually (and no I'm not joking!)

1.   apt-get install nano     <---- install that if you haven't already, its just another test editor, easy to use

2.   copy each lines from my second post above in your command shell

e.g.

$ cd (your_magento_forlder)

$ sudo nano vendor/magento/magento2-base/dev/tests/integration/.gitignore

3.   press ctrl+O (save) and ctrl+X (exit) on each of these line

4.   repeat for each

By doing this it creates the files for you. They are empty files, no need to add anything to them. Method is up to you really... I'm sure there are better/faster ways to do this.... as long as they are present then M2.0.0 won't complain

OP, you'll need Composer installed on the server if it is not already there and if the 'manual' upgrade method is appealing to you Smiley Wink

$ sudo apt-get update

$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
$ curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | sudo php -- --install-dir=/usr/local/bin --filename=composer

All very Magento 'unofficial' I apologize but it worked for me(and many others judging from the Internet backlogs!). I didn't invent any of that stuff, just sharing my notes

Have ran all commands in your second post and now when I try to access my server it shows this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Magento\Framework\Exception\LocalizedException' with message 'Can't create directory /home/a5newstore3/public_html/var/generation/Magento/Framework/App/ResourceConnection/.' in /home/a5newstore3/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Code/Generator.php:103 Stack trace: #0 /home/a5newstore3/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Code/Generator/Autoloader.php(35): Magento\Framework\Code\Generator->generateClass('Magento\\Framewo...') #1 [internal function]: Magento\Framework\Code\Generator\Autoloader->load('Magento\\Framewo...') #2 [internal function]: spl_autoload_call('Magento\\Framewo...') #3 /home/a5newstore3/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Code/Reader/ClassReader.php(19): ReflectionClass->__construct('Magento\\Framewo...') #4 /home/a5newstore3/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/ObjectManager/Definition/Runtime.php(44): Magento\Framework\Code\Reader\ClassReader->getConstructor('Magento\\Framewo...') #5 /home/a5newstore3/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/ObjectManager/Factory/Dynami in /home/a5newstore3/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Code/Generator.php on line 103