cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Product Images After Upgrading From 2.2.10 to 2.3.4

SOLVED

Missing Product Images After Upgrading From 2.2.10 to 2.3.4

Hi,

I've just upgraded my site from 2.2.10 to 2.3.4, but now when I check the catalog and product pages on the front end, all my product images are missing, and just displaying the standard Magento image place holder.

I've tried running 'bin/magento indexer:reindex', 'bin/magento catalog:images:resize' and flushing the cache, all to no avail.

When I look at the front-end page source, the images all have URLs like;

https://my-site.co.uk/upgradetest/pub/media/catalog/product/cache/60fbb9146f866f4343b37b30e54d81bd/i...

But when I check the contents of the '/public_html/upgradetest/pub/media/catalog/product/cache' folder on the server, the '60fbb9146f866f4343b37b30e54d81bd' sub folder is entirely missing.

Has anyone got any idea how to resolve this?

Many thanks

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Missing Product Images After Upgrading From 2.2.10 to 2.3.4

Thanks jorgb,

It turned out that setting the value of 'product_image_white_borders' to 1, rather than 0, in the view.xml file sorted this out for me?!  Weird one...

Dan 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @dan_holdway , 

First, please make sure you can see the product images in the admin or not. IF images were there in the admin.

After that Flush the images cache (In admin > cache Management)  and run bin/magento catalog:images:resize' .

Please make sure we have proper permission set for pub/media directory.

Thanks!

Hi nishuj,

The product images are showing fine in the admin panel. I flushed the images cache, then ran the resize command, as you suggested, but still no product images.  Oddly though, when I view a category page, and click through to a product, that product page will not have any images, but if I then go back to the category page, and refresh, the thumbnail image for that product will now be there?

The permissions for 'pub/media' are set to 777

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan,

Actually a lot of users report this image problem after upgrading. You can check a complete discussion about that here on Github: https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/19710

There are also some proposed fixes you can try to fix your problem.

Thanks jorgb,

It turned out that setting the value of 'product_image_white_borders' to 1, rather than 0, in the view.xml file sorted this out for me?!  Weird one...

Dan 

This change got my product images back but my sidebar images for featured products are still missing. Any idea what fixes that?

Thank you so much. I had the same issue as yours when I upgraded my Magento instance from 2.3.4 to 2.4.3

I tried all the suggestions mentioned here but nothing brought back the images on frontend. 

In my case the value for product_image_white_borders was set to 1. I reset it to 0 and clear the cache and redeployed the static contents. Finally the images are loading. 

Thank you again! 

in my case, i went to (magento 2 admin, store, settings, configuration, advanced, developer, 

Image Processing Settings,) and make sure that it is on PHP GD2