cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Import issues after 2.3 upgrade

Product Import issues after 2.3 upgrade

Prior to Magento 2.3, you could specify the same base image for each store in a CSV and upload it through the import wizard. (ie... store 1 uses 1111.jpg as base - so do stores 1 -4).

You would need 4 rows (1 for each store).

sku      store    base_image

1234    test1   1111.jpg

2.2.6 would mark the images as the base for all of the stores that you include without creating duplicates.  Any further updates (new base images, etc) would not create duplicates either.

In 2.3, the import wizard will create a duplicate base image for each store (hence creating 4 total images that show up on the product pages of each store).  It does this for additional images as well.

It seems that they removed the conditional logic that checks to see if the image exists before creating a new one.

Is anyone else facing this issue?  It is causing major problems with our imports.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Product Import issues after 2.3 upgrade

You can check below links for Import product in Magento 2.

Check for an image from the blog and confirm from your end any parameter missing or issue.

Import product Magento 2

Thanks.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

All of the params are correct. This issue did not exist in 2.2.

Hello @drussell,

Can you please confirm the document properly to UTF8 (Comma Delimited). Open the .csv using notepad and resaving it into UTF 8 that way.

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

I have 2 different installations up and running.  One is 2.2.6 and one is 2.3.0.

The document imports without any issues on the 2.2.6 installation.  I import it multiple times to simulate different store views.  The base, small, and thumbnail will get marked for the appropriate stores and will not duplicate.

I import it on the 2.3 installation multiple times in different store views.  The image gets duplicated and Magento appends a _1, _2, _3, _4 to the end of the filename.

Steps to Reproduce:
Import a product to store1 with a base_image and all of the required columns
Finish import
Import the same product to store2 with the same base_image and all of the required columns
Finish import
Import the same product to store3 store with the same base_image and all of the required columns
Finish import
Import the same product to store4 with the same base_image and all of the required columns
Finish import

You will now have 4 copies of the same image that appear in all stores.
Previously in 2.2.6, you would only have 1 copy in all stores.

I can also confirm that this issue exists in a clean install of 2.3

I am having the same issue, have you managed to find a fix?

I wasn't able to find a fix for it.  I put in a ticket to Magento and they finally responded back and said that it was a bug in the core code of 2.3.

I was able to extend the gallery view and stop the duplicate images from showing on my product pages.

This was the closest that I could get to a fix.

Ok thanks for the update. I guess I will wait for version 2.3.1