cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Readiness Check failing due to Cron script readiness check failed

Readiness Check failing due to Cron script readiness check failed

Frustrating, 

I always get this error when I try to apply the update via system upgrade.

I don't get it, I'm not getting a system error in my admin area stating that cron job are not configured.

I even had a tech support guy from my hosting company try to run the cron jobs and he could get them to run.

here is a screen shot of the error and also of the cron job the tech support guy set up.

error shot

cron job the tech setup

He did this through C-panel on my hosting account.

Should I use a different method like say "putty" and use this code?

I'm so confused.

*/1 * * * * /usr/local/bin/php -c /opt/alt/php55/etc/php.ini /var/www/magento2/bin/magento cron:run >> /var/www/magento2/var/log/magento.cron.log&
*/1 * * * * /usr/local/bin/php -c /opt/alt/php55/etc/php.ini /var/www/magento2/update/cron.php >> /var/www/magento2/var/log/update.cron.log&
*/1 * * * * /usr/local/bin/php -c /opt/alt/php55/etc/php.ini /var/www/magento2/bin/magento setup:cron:run >> /var/www/magento2/var/log/setup.cron.log&

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Readiness Check failing due to Cron script readiness check failed

Bug: Magento 2 checks the «.update_cronjob_status» file but never generates it so the «Cron script readiness check» will always fail on a Magento 2 upgrade (and my fix): https://mage2.pro/t/1125

How to disable the «Cron script readiness check» on a Magento 2 upgrade? https://mage2.pro/t/1126

I managed to get cron working and the update finally began.

Now I am stuck in the process.

[2016-04-11 22:15:05 EDT] Job "maintenance_mode {"enable":true}" has been started
[2016-04-11 22:15:05 EDT] Magento maintenance mode is enabled.
[2016-04-11 22:15:05 EDT] Job "maintenance_mode {"enable":true}" has successfully completed
[2016-04-11 22:15:05 EDT] Job "update {"components":[{"name":"magento/product-community-edition","version":"2.0.4"}]}" has been started
[2016-04-11 22:15:05 EDT] Starting composer update...
[2016-04-11 22:15:05 EDT] ./composer.json has been updated

10 hours later and I get this error.

Error in Update!
Please refer to documentation Doc link to perform manual rollback.

To attempt automatic rollback, please click the "Rollback" button.

I clicked the rollback button and now it's seems to be idle.

I'm going to wait a while and hope it resolves , but I think I'm going to have to manually rollback.

I have the same problem with the cron setting. I have the issue with permission. Give permission to the cron.php .

I have added cron like this

* * * * * sudo /usr/bin/php -c /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini /home/manish/workspace/magento2/bin/magento cron:run >> /home/manish/workspace/magento2/var/log/magento.cron.lo$
* * * * * sudo /usr/bin/php -c /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini /home/manish/workspace/magento2/update/cron.php >> /home/manish/workspace/magento2/log/update.cron.log$
* * * * * sudo /usr/bin/php -c /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini /home/manish/workspace/magento2/bin/magento setup:cron:run >> /home/manish/workspace/magento2/log/setup.cron.lo$