cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

specific quantity price calculation.

specific quantity price calculation.

I wanted to have a price calculation for specific quantity 
Eg: Consider a product with price $100. I've a condition if the customer adds 6 quantity of this product then he will get a discount of $20 on each 6 product quantity.
$20 X 6 qty = $120
6 qty X $100 = $600
$600 - $120 = $480
So the total of the 6 Qty product will be $480.

This condition works fine when using tier price. But if wanted to add 8 quantity then the tire price doesn't work according to my condition. It removes the discount after adding two product after the 6 quantity.
the calculation that i want is :

$480 for 6 quantity(discount should be applied)
$200 for 2 quantity (discount should not be applied)
$480 + $200 = $680
So the total of the 8 Qty product will be $680.

Didn't found any solution yet. Please help! 
Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: specific quantity price calculation.

Hello @mamun_paul 

This feature is not available in Magento, you have to customise cart rule create this rule, also it has loophole if customer buys any higher price item in starting 6 items, he will get more benefit rather than adding higher price item in last, this can create a huge difference in amount with this case.

So plan that case in which customer should get a fix amount of discount which should not be dependent on the order of adding to cart, makes sense ?

Let us ask if still have any query.

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

Is there any way to  add my calculation logic to tier price calculation?
Because tire price fulfill my requirement but the tier price doesn't work once the quantity is larger than the specified quantity.

That's what I said in previous comment, suppose you add 10 products then on which 6 products the coupon should be applied (if we somehow make a rule to apply rule on only 6 products)?

if it's about the starting 6 products which was added to cart, then it has loophole when the price is different for products and the person who is buying same 10 products but in different order adding to cart will get different discount.

Let me know if you still have any query !

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy